4th Annual Homebrew Competition @ Tioga-Sequoia Brewery.
Feb. 23rd 2-5pm
HomeBrew Club One Day Membership $2
SPONSORED BY Bencomo`s Homebrew and Tioga-Sequoia
1. One entry Per Brewer/ Must be brewed on a Homebrew system.
2. 2 – 12-16oz bottles. Must have a Keg or Min. 1 case for Entry for Final 2/23.
3. Label All Bottles: Name, Phone #, Email, Name of Beer. Note: Label MUST be attached to the entry bottles with a rubber band.
4. Brew your Best No Style guidelines just your bets ( Please No Brett or Pedio Strains)
5. Open to Brewers living in area Bakersfield to Lodi.
6. Beers to Be Judged on the Following
7. Beers to be judged by Brewers, BJC Judges and Industry Professionals.
8. Winner to receive Homebrew Trophy and their beer will go on Draft at Tioga-Sequoia
SUBMIT ENTRIES 2/11 – 2/16 Last Day 2/16!
Finalist will be notified on or before 2/20
Fresno Fair Homebrew Competition 2019
(See Bottom for Step-By-Step Instructions)
Entry Forms Due Date is Sept 6th (online entries due September 9th)
NOTE: We are using the 2015 BJCP guidelines
Limit one entry per exhibitor per BJCP Subclass BJCP/AHA Sanctioned Competition
Eligibility U.S. Residents Only
Entry Fee: $3
Entries can be received in the Home Arts Building or Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
Home Arts Building:
September 13, 2019 9 AM – 5 PM
September 14, 2019 9 AM – 5 PM
September 15, 2019 12 PM – 5 PM
Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies (758 Broadway street FRESNO, CA 93721):
Shipped entries will be received by Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
September 7 – 12th, 2019 10 AM – 5 PM
Entries can be dropped off at Bencomo’s up until September 14th.
Cash Awards Offered:
- Best of Show – $100 and Big Fresno Fair Plaque
- Division Winners – $25 and a pint glass
- Place Award – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons. This is a BJCP/AHA sanctioned competition. Please go to www.bjcp.org for rules on homemade beer recipes.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Open to amateurs 21 years & older
BREWING: All entries must be homemade by exhibitor.
ENTRIES: Entries to consist of two (2) 12-16 oz. bottles filled.
BOTTLES: Bottles must be clean and free of all labels or identifying marks of any kind. Bottle caps must be plain with no markings of any kind.
AWARDS: Exhibitors must score a minimum of 30 points (average of 3 judges) on a 50 point scale to receive an award.
BJCP REQUIREMENTS: All entries must be listed by the BJCP style and subcategories ONLY, except in specialty categories where a description of the entry may be included to assist in judging. All BJCP rules apply.
Division 815 7A Vienna Lager
Division 816 11C Northern English Brown
Division 821 M2D Peach Mead
STYLE DESCRIPTIONS: Full style descriptions can be obtained at the BJCP web site.
See below for the BJCP styles for each Division:
DIVISION 814: BJCP styles 1 thru 6.
DIVISION 815: BJCP styles 7 thru 10.
DIVISION 816: 2015 BJCP Styles 11 thru 15
DIVISION 817: 2015 BJCP Styles 16, 17, 20 and 22
DIVISION 818: 2015 BJCP Styles 18, 19 and 21
DIVISION 819: BJCP styles 23 thru 26
DIVISION 820: BJCP styles 27 thru 34
DIVISION 821: BJCP styles M1 thru M4 and C1 and C2
For step-by-step instructions on entering your beers, please follow these directions:
- Enter your beer with the Fresno Fair Home Arts Division. You can do this electronically or by filling out a printable form and mailing it in. For electronic registration, go to the “On-Line Entries” page. If you did not register electronically at the Fresno fair, mail your Home Arts Entry Form to the Big Fresno Fair (address below) no later than September 6th, 2019.
- Place a bottle ID label on the beers you will be submitting for the competition. You will need a total of two bottles (12-16 oz) per entry to qualify for judging. Take or ship the bottles to either Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies (address below) or The Home Arts Building at the Fairgrounds (address below) received between September 13th – 15th.
- Judging will take place around September 22nd and winners will be announced at the November general Worthog Homebrew meeting. In addition, score sheets will be mailed to each person submitting entries after October 3rd.
For additional info, contact Toby Gelenaw at email@example.com
This is your checklist:
___ Visit the Fresno Fair website and register your beers with them either electronically or mailing it in.
___ Place a Bottle ID on each of your entries and get them to Bencomo’s Homebrew Supply or the Home Arts Division
THE BIG FRESNO FAIR:
1121 CHANCE AVENUE
FRESNO, CA 93702
BENCOMO’S HOMEBREW SUPPLIES
758 Broadway street
FRESNO, CA 93721