Entries due at Bencomo`s February 1st to the 2nd.
2- 12oz or 16oz bottles with your name and name of beer to enter.
Winner named at Tioga-Sequoia Beer Garden on February 24th 2018. Open to Homebrewers in the Bakersfield to Lodi Area.
Winner will be brewed and served at Tioga-Sequoia.
Open to any style exceptions are sour strains at this time.
Fresno Fair Homebrew Competition 2017
(See Bottom for Step-By-Step Instructions)
Entry Forms Due Date is September 9, 2017 (online entries due September 11th)
NOTE: We are using the 2015 guidelines
Limit one entry per exhibitor per BJCP SubclassBJCP/AHA Sanctioned Competition
Eligibility U.S. Residents Only
Entry Fee: None
Entries can be received in the Home Arts Building or Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
Home Arts Building:
September 15, 2017 9 AM – 5 PM
September 16, 2017 9 AM – 5 PM
September 17, 2017 12 PM – 5 PM
Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies (234 W Olive Ave, Fresno CA 93728):
Shipped entries will be received by Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies between the following dates:
September 9th – 15th, 2017 10 AM – 5 PM
Cash Awards Offered:
- Best of Show – $125.00 and Big Fresno Fair Plaque
- Division Winners – $25 and a pint glass
- Place Award – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbonsThis is a BJCP/AHA sanctioned competition. Please go to http://www.bjcp.org for rules on homemade beer recipes.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Open to amateurs 21 years & older
BREWING: All entries must be homemade by exhibitor.
ENTRIES: Entries to consist of two (2) 12-16 oz. bottles filled.
BOTTLES: Bottles must be clean and free of all labels or identifying marks of any kind. Bottle caps must be plain with no markings of any kind.
AWARDS: Exhibitors must score a minimum of 30 points (average of 3 judges) on a 50 point scale to receive an award.
BJCP REOUIREMENTS All entries must be listed by the BJCP style and subcategories ONLY except in specialty categories where a description of the entry may be included to assist in judging. All BJCP rules apply.
Division 814 3A Vienna Lager
Division 815 llB Southern English Brown
Division 817 20 Fruit Beer Peach Jasmine Lager
STYLE DESCRIPTIONS: Full style descriptions can be obtained at the BJCP web site. 814 to 821
The fair still has 2008 styles but they will be converted to 2015 for judging purposes
DIVISION 814: BJCP styles 1 thru 6.
DIVISION 815: BJCP styles 7 thru 10.
DIVISION 816: 2015 BJCP Styles 11 thru 15
DIVISION 817: 2015 BJCP Styles 16, 17, 20 and 22
DIVISION 818: 2015 BJCP Styles 18, 19 and 21
DIVISION 819: BJCP styles 23 thru 26
DIVISION 820: BJCP styles 27 thru 34
DIVISION 821: BJCP styles M1 thru M4 and C1 and C2
For step-by-step instructions on entering your beers, please follow these directions:
- Enter your beer with the Fresno Fair Home Arts Division. You can do this electronically or by filling out a printable form and mailing it in. For electronic registration, go to the “On-Line Entries” page. If you did not register electronically at the Fresno fair, mail your Home Arts Entry Form to the Big Fresno Fair (address below) no later than September 10th, 2015.
- Place a bottle ID label on the beers you will be submitting for the competition. You will need a total of two bottles (12-16 oz) per entry to qualify for judging. Take or ship the bottles to either Bencomo’s Homebrew Supplies (address below) or The Home Arts Building at the Fairgrounds (address below) received between September 16th – 18th.
- Judging will take place around September 22rd and winners will be announced at the November general Worthog Homebrew meeting. In addition, score sheets will be mailed to each person submitting entries after October 3rd.
For additional info, contact Matt Humann at email@example.com.
This is your checklist:
___ Visit the Fresno Fair website and register your beers with them either electronically or mailing it in.
___ Place a Bottle ID on each of your entries and get them to Bencomo’s Homebrew Supply or the Home Arts Division
THE BIG FRESNO FAIR:
1121 CHANCE AVENUE
FRESNO, CA 93702
BENCOMO’S HOMEBREW SUPPLIES
234 WEST OLIVE
FRESNO, CA 93728